installing SSL Cert

This is the Mailtraq Peer Support forum. Get assistance using and managing Mailtraq, and help others solve problems too.

installing SSL Cert

Postby Redkite » Fri Feb 12th, 2016 1:05pm

Mailtraq Version: 2.17.7.3598

Having trouble getting my cert properly recognised in Mailtraq by checktls receiver test.

All works but the cert fails the test.

checking the 995 port here https://decoder.link/sslchecker?hostnam ... m&port=995

Gives error "The chain doesn't contain any intermediate certificates".

The SSL issuers do not seem to be able to fathom the problem as they all assume everything runs on a microsoft server operating system not windos 7 pro?

Any ideas?

thanks

Neil
Redkite
Expert User

Re: installing SSL Cert

Postby Martin Clayton » Mon Feb 15th, 2016 2:42pm

Aiui, the tls library requires the intermediary certificates to be hard-coded in Mailtraq -- as users there's nothing we can do (creating 'bundles' with cert+chain) and it may be that your certificate provider/type isn't supported. I'm not aware of any authoritative list but the release notes point at StartSSL, Positive SSL CA 2, GoDaddy, AddTrust, Comodo High Assurance, GeoTrust DV & Entrust. (Some flavour of RapidSSL might also be covered).

I'm currently using a StartSSL Class 2 wildcard which works fine in .3566 but the one I'd really like to see supported is letsencrypt now that its a thing.
Martin Clayton
Expert User

Return to Mailtraq Support