By Pass local mailboxes

This is the Mailtraq Peer Support forum. Get assistance using and managing Mailtraq, and help others solve problems too.

By Pass local mailboxes

Postby portech » Thu Dec 19th, 2013 11:23am

Mailtraq Version: 2.17.5.3364 Win 2012 Server

Hi
Can anyone advise me on how to by pass local mailboxes i.e. i want all emails to go to the external smtp server and ignore local mailboxes if a match is found.

Thanks
portech

Re: By Pass local mailboxes

Postby Elric Pedder » Thu Dec 19th, 2013 2:21pm

There are two ways to do this:

1. You can check Place in the Outbox in Options | Incoming Mail | Undelivered Mail.

This will result in any message that doesn't match a local mailbox going to the outbox rather than being rejected.

2. You can check the domain as a Passthrough Domain in Options | Incoming Mail | Archive Passthrough.

This means that mail must match a local mailbox but is copied to the outbox anyway and the local system acts as a sort of archive of all mail.

In both cases you need a custom route for the domain otherwise you may end up with the mail being delivered back to the current machine in a loop.
Mailtraq Development and Escalation Support
Novitraq Incorporated
Elric Pedder
Mailtraq Escalation Support

Postby portech » Mon Dec 23rd, 2013 8:06am

Thanks Elric
So just to be sure all internally sent email would be routed externally even if there was a local mailbox in mailtraq?
And yes it would be picked up by mailtraq during it's POP3 collection and then placed into the correct mailbox.
portech

Postby Elric Pedder » Sun Dec 29th, 2013 1:18am

portech wrote:Thanks Elric
So just to be sure all internally sent email would be routed externally even if there was a local mailbox in mailtraq?
And yes it would be picked up by mailtraq during it's POP3 collection and then placed into the correct mailbox.

Only the second option I described would result in externally routed mail even if there is a matching local mailbox.
Mailtraq Development and Escalation Support
Novitraq Incorporated
Elric Pedder
Mailtraq Escalation Support

Return to Mailtraq Support