Certificate install problem

This is the Mailtraq Peer Support forum. Get assistance using and managing Mailtraq, and help others solve problems too.

Certificate install problem

Postby wellss » Fri Jun 28th, 2013 10:36am

Mailtraq Version: 2.17.5.3324

I seem to experience this problem every single time I try to install a certificate. My current cert is going to expire so I purchased another one. I imported it into Mailtraq and then went into the services and on https chose to use that cert. Once I do this if I navigate in my browser or any other browser to the webpage it shows as not being able to be displayed. I have stopped and started the services, rebooted the server, etc. If I switch back to the old certificate in https service, going to the web site works fine.

Thanks for any help.

-Sean
wellss

Re: Certificate install problem

Postby Elric Pedder » Fri Jun 28th, 2013 12:08pm

Can you provide a bit more information? Who issued the certificate? What exactly was the error message when you attempted to browse to the web site?
Mailtraq Development and Escalation Support
Novitraq Incorporated
Elric Pedder
Mailtraq Escalation Support

Re: Certificate install problem

Postby wellss » Wed Jul 17th, 2013 5:28pm

This issue has been resolved. Elric determined the key file was not matching the cert file. Purchased the certificate from RapidSSL, Reissued the certificate and there is a small disclaimer on the E-mail they send to indicate Windows and Tomcat users should download the PKCS #7 certificate. Note - this is no where on the login page once you get there or anywhere else on the user page they provide login credentials for, so you must follow the instructions at the very bottom of the E-mail after the initial link to download the certificate.

This was very confusing to me as I know nothing about various certificates, but with Elric's persistence and knowledge, we were able to get this sorted and it appears to be working.
wellss

Return to Mailtraq Support